View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1709096)   #25
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm sad to see it go really. Just before I left, I went up to radar and watched the final race. it was a really good race, plenty of good moves into the hairpin, and it was sunny and warm, how I always hoped to remember the circuit from 2005 (the wether that season at Anglesey was superb).

Anglesey has a reputation for being small, hard for overtaking, good veiwing sights and a brill place when it is warm and sunny. I know the new circuit will be a completely new challenge and hopefully will bring all competitors in all regular championships to the circuit to a level playing feild, and bring an unexpected race winner the first time a championship uses it.

I first visited the circuit, and it chucked it down with rain when JnrJnr did his first test there in a FF. His bro Goughy showed him around the track, and I followed them around. That was in 2004 I think, and I will always remember that day. I much prefered going racing at Anglesey to Oulton, even though my team seems to do better at Oulton.

At Oulton the paddock atmosphere is very professional, and very strict. Whilst at Anglesey, it is very laid back, easy going. Not saying that Oulton seems an unwelcoming one at all. That is what I hope won't happen to Anglesey. Lossing its 'old fashioned' feel. Yes, it needs some pit garages. Yes, it needs a decent race control, but if the track turns out to be a great one (which from the sounds of it, it seems to be that already) then I for sure am going to enojy the many weekends I will ahve there in the future. I can last minute lunges into the final corner on last laps for race wins, and just the sight of seeing the car in second slipping down the inside. Can't wait already.

Do we know when the first configuration will be ready to race on, as I have heard the config using the left side of the site will be ready first.

Cheers