View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2022, 04:27 (Ref:4092955)   #407
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hadn't heard of that one Gerard, but not surprising. I decided I needed a break from historic on the grounds that so many very bent cars were not being pulled by the Scrutineers.
Build your car to how it should be then the new crop of win at all costs drivers came along. Mgb's with 2.1ltr engines I know for a fact who the first stroker crank went to so wasn't surprised at seeing that car knocking out 3.04s at Spa.
The car in question was bought from B S-S by my old boss Arthur Car. Arthur got me to take the car(it had been rebodied with a new shell) but it was a Slug. I suspected a standard engine so removed the head, sure enough, totally standard.
When the car changed hands, the new owners ordered an engine from Cambridge Motorsport in a self build kit, including our, at that time, a stroker crank from Arrow Engineering. Arrow used to look after our crank road supply as it was our own design and would make any crank we ordered. The stroker was at the time a one off, but soon became an 'in demand'
product.