View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1837247)   #11
trikesrule
Racer

trikesrule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm assuming most you race on the black stuff. The team I'm with race dirt track speedway where torque and a nice wide power band that makes it easy for the driver is more important than hp. Lately we've found by keeping the port velocity up has made the car quicker out of the corners and more importantly our driver is able to get on it earlier and harder than last season. Our lap times have come down to 1 or 2 tenths off the record where as last season when we went looking for hp we were fast (1/2 a sec outside the record) only when the 'track' was flat and fast. Now we can run that pace in most any track condition. One thing that a lot of people have said to me is our car puts a pass on any car easily exiting a turn where as last season we had to round them up at the end of the straight and do a desperate at turn entry. By the way the cam is still the same, the only thing different is the port velocity. I always thought that torque is what actually moves the car and hp was along for the ride. One old chap said to me 'hp is how fast u hit the wall and torque is how far you move it'. Perhaps you guys might sit back and take a breath before you go searching for more hp or more revs. Or maybe thats just me thinking outside the box again.........trikes