View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4095502)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im wondering if it is something to do with avoiding the precedent of two separate pre season sessions. We had only one session last year and the only reason it seems that there was a second session added this year was team pressure given the new regs and cars. Thus they have positioned Catalunya as not a full blown test set up but rather a simple (closed doors) shakedown to put some miles on the new cars, hence no peripheral fan type trimmings for Catalunya.

The next year then there is less pressure to have a second session 'as 2022'. By classifying the initial outing as a shakedown rather than a full blown test it is easier to go into 2023 with just the one pre season test given no need for the 'shakedown' given this year as a one-off for the new cars.

I admit it is maybe a clutching at straws type of justification but.....
Last year was only one continuous set of days (maybe as so much was frozen between the 2020 and 2021 seasons?), but I think at least the two prior years testing was split into two chunks of days. Not sure about prior to that.

It sucks, but the story that Bahrain wanted some level of exclusively makes sense to me. I assume money or some other compensation took place.

Richard