View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4122627)   #87
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just for the sake of balance (admitting that I do have a connection - admittedly fairly small) I'll mention 1st Tickets. Brian and Lauren will no doubt have various packages available which you may like to check out when they are available. They not only sell tickets but also run private campsites at the circuit. I've known Brian for many years now and have always found him and his company very good to deal with.

https://1st-tickets.co.uk/event/le-mans-24-hours-2023
Dang - I'm sorry I missed this Aysedasi! I hope that this becomes a normal trip for me now that our kids are grown. One hope I had posting here (finally) was for ideas like this. Would you mind sending his contact details? It can't hurt and considering you're blog for first-timers is the first place I went, I trust your opinion.

My wife is an active backpacker but since the Flexotel options were all booked, I opted for glamping. It adds a little "look-it's-fancy-camping-and-not-just-about-the-race-for-me-see-it-can-be-nice-at-races"

Our trip is bookended with things that are more for her but if I can get back in 2024 I'll look at other more austere options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
For first timers travelling from outside the drivable area(france holland uk etc) then an organised package is a good starter, however they are as stated expensive the international camp run by a member on here is good if you are ok with camping and also means you will have a group who know all there is to know about le mans and are very happy to share that knowledge and guide you around.
You know, that's exactly what got in my way going this year. Making distinct arrangements for all the details I would have needed to figure out, even iwth Aysedasi's blog, is what put me off doing it for 2022. Flying from the US and figuring all that out just got overwhelming. In the future, I'll likely be less inclined but hopefully I can put a couple faces to names here and that will help in the future.

Thanks!