View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3153483)   #132
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Actually he makes good points, and is on the dime as they say...

GTE and GT3 are too conceptually different to be blended...

if they try to impose rules on GT3 manufs will bolt, if the thye further dilute the rules in GTE manufactures won't bolt, but manuf investment/involvement/development will drop...

He is right IMO...but what he doesn't know/or perhaps knows and fears, is that the new class will be GT3(without ratel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Could somebody please remind me what's the status of the current incarnation of FIA GT2? Is it dead? I'm aware that ACO GTE is a variation of it.
as based on the health ALMS grid, and a very lively competition in WEC it's good pushing toward fine..it's neither poor, nor is it excellent...
GTE is basicly identical to GT2, the rules are different as much as GT2 2007 rules are different to gt2 2009 rules...

As for the last point and his sugestion I like it so much it will be my new SIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratel
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car. Strict production requirements would be maintained to avoid a potential drift towards GT1/GTP.

Last edited by arakis; 17 Oct 2012 at 18:49.