Thread: LM24 Race Le Mans 2023 Race Thread
View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4166919)   #1952
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That I didn't know, but that makes sense. Obviously you don't want to retire a car that can come back into a race.
But this has happened. Back in (I think) 1986, Henri Pescarolo was driving the Kouros Mercedes (Sauber) and stopped out on the circuit. He was gone for so long and the pit had word from a mechanic out there that all was lost so his team manager retired the car. After several hours working on the car Henri managed to get it back to the pits. As I understand it, although the car had been retired the race director agreed to reverse the decision (I suspect it helped rather a lot that it was Henri, a Frenchman who had brought it back!) and the car was repaired. Sadly it retired not long afterwards with gearbox failure.