View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4179455)   #18
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I have no doubt the F1 watercooler talk is down on Andretti. And probably anyone who might not follow that same paddock party line knows to keep their mouth shut. So I say this only maybe a little jokingly, but...

If you are considering a move to a new job within a small tight knit community in which everyone knows everyone, the first thing you don't do is convince all other qualified candidates that they also should apply for that same job.

But as I point out above, moving to Andretti right now is not high on many people's "dream job" list. So broadly speaking I mostly, but not 100% agree with you.

Richard
When you think of the endless nightmare Sauber have in persuading talent to work from Switzerland, the idea of moving to the US is nonsense.

There are many reasons why 8 of the 10 current teams are effectively based in England.

Maybe Andretti would set up a shop in the UK, although spending God knows how much on a new US factory maybe makes me doubt they think that.

Although I still think the odds are against them entering an eleventh team anyway.