View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1785830)   #15
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what its worth, I am against this 100%. V8 Supercars should be about the pinnacle of racing, engineering and people in this country (as it basically is now). Instead, they want it to be the pinnacle of accounting.

The overhead of this exercise should make it infeasible.

At what point will there be no incentive left for teams to compete? The more freedom you remove from the paddock, the more it becomes a marketing exercise.

I know this isn't alot better than what they are already planning to do, but what about somehow banning manufacturer support? That seems to be the real issue that the smaller teams are complaining about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Cadell
I prefer the model that would see teams be able to spend whatever they want but they are "taxed" by the organising body for all expenditure over a level and that is redistributed to the teams that dont breach that level for example.
Now here is a bloke who is actually giving some intelligent thought to the matter!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.