View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2679132)   #685
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After 3 years of anlizng evry lap of every race I could get info on, between porsche and ferrari, and going over it multiple times,here is the conclusion :
everything is relative
and its pointles to look to deep into laptimes, unless you have, the telemetry and the skills to read them. trust me, there is no way in hell I or anyone who is not Peugeut or Audi personell to have any idea about their true performance. Reading lap data without telemetry is like braging with laptimes in road cars.

here are just little things that can render reading laptimes meaningless , small driver error, traffic, poor tire choice, etc,etc

these are not machines driving in controled enviroment that you can simply read by checking out lap times. Unless you know that each driver drove every lap perfectly without any trafic, you might have an idea bout whats going on from the laptimes,and even then I wonder
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.