View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2020, 23:39 (Ref:4003698)   #217
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Once again, the horseshoe in Hamilton's ass shows itself... then he shows his ass on the podium...

He was beat in turn one, not just by bottas, but by verstappen. But, horseshoe time! Verstappen immediately has a failure as soon as he gets ahead of hamilton. Then the red flag after the amateurish restart (through no fault of bottas', obviously). So even when he does what he needs to do (twice) to beat hamilton, the luck falls for Hamilton.

Then, the pace car picks up bottas, allowing hamilton his free stop without losing ground. Yay....

And of course bottas' tires wore quicker than Hamilton's after the first red flag. The following car always does compared to the leader.

He asked to go opposite to hamilton, which to me didn't come across as defeatist, but as someone trying to strategize. Then the call comes for him to box first for "safety reasons". Lol. Like he couldn't have stayed out one lap longer so hamilton could get on his tire to give bottas the alternate. C'mon... that was engineered to give preferential treatment to hamilton. Not that there's anything wrong with giving preferential treatment to the number one driver, but dont pretend bottas is getting equal treatment.

Then, a brit, decided to interject himself on a foreign country's legal/political issues. As if he has any idea of what he is speaking out about. He'd have more credibility if he was taking a stance on something in his own country.

And why was russell unlucky not to podium? He consistently loses places in the race. He's nice on saturday, not there yet on sunday. Car has a lot to do with it, but it's not just occasionally he's losing spots, its every week.

Albon wasn't all that impressive. Made some really cool moves, but he was never a threat to the mercedes, as verstappen looked like he may have been. He kept having to make up lost places just to get to the third place that should have been an afterthought after verstappen dropped out. But still, a good result for him.

Holy crap what a beautiful setting that track has! I want them to go back there. I also wouldn't mind mugello replacing monza. I've never been impressed with monza. Just straights and chicanes... I know that's an unpopular opinion, but oh well. The scenery outside of the track was amazing. As was the elevation changes and the gravel traps and grass enforcing track limits.

And I'm with those that say dont change anything about restarts. Make the supposed best drivers in the world (I dont think that's the case, tbh) figure out what amateurs in other series have figured out.