View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2020, 16:15 (Ref:4005104)   #223
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
So you've made this point anyway times, and I've acknowledged that his talent and preparation help create more good luck.

But how exactly does his talent or preparation ir whatever create the safety car not picking up the leader? Or help create the red flag after the restart when he was in second? Or cause bottas' tire to fail at Silverstone closer to pit lane exit and cause him to have to limp around further? Or cause verstappens car to fail after he had just begun overtaking hamilton? There's so many examples of this stuff. It's ok, he can he the best driver and also be very lucky. It would just be nice if all that luck wasn't used as reason to deify him.
Talent and preparation doesn’t help create luck, it puts you in a position to win. Perpetration and talent puts you in the best position to capitalise on your opponents errors and deficiencies, it gives you the opportunity to control races from the front, and forces your opponents to overdrive their cars to keep up. It’s no secret that Hamilton is better on his tyres than Bottas, and being out front only magnifies that by putting Bottas in dirty air.....

Makes me laugh how you just concentrate on how ‘lucky’ Hamilton is, let’s take Max, how lucky was he at Silverstone in both races to capitalise on Mercedes tyre woes, how lucky was gasly at Monza, how lucky was Rosberg to capitalise on Hamilton’s unreliability......I could go on, there are dozens of examples every year. Fact is, in all those examples it was talent and preparation that put them in the position to capitalise on others misfortune.

Thats racing.....

I enjoyed your little rant though, I needed some salt with my chips.