View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4152912)   #107
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Is hard to tell..Monza is a high top speed track and will favour cars set up for top speed more than cornering speed. At other tracks with the same BOP we might get Ferrari and Lambo dominating whilst BMW is struggling.
When BMW was new last year it took a while until it was fully competitive in SRO

I would give it some time to see how the cars balance out on other types of tracks before making a judgement.
I dont think you can underestimate the effect that the qualifying power outage played in this either. Some teams didnt run their fastest drivers in qualifying because the third session was cancelled.

Id argue that qualifying in this series is even more important than somewhere like F1 now. If you are outside of the top 6 then you have a really hard afternoon. The field is so good in the PRO class that once those guys get clear air, they dont tend to drop much time. Also the madness that happens midpack in this race can see good driver lineups and team losing so much time in the first hour, again hence my comment about qualifying.
Finally everyone is pretty much on the same strategy so theres little chance to make up any time by not changing tyres for instance.