View Single Post
Old 27 May 2004, 08:19 (Ref:984798)   #23
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike29
Cheers oily oaf. Do you think this could be a "safe" problem until September? The M.O.T is due in September, I could get it all sorted out while its in the garage.

Cheers for your input

Regards

Mike
Ah the million dollar question Mike If I could accurately predict the exact point of failure of vehicle parts I would be the richest mechanic in this sceptered isle of ours, although I can say without fear of contradiction that if you stick the old Pug in the garage until MOT day u have nothing to fear mate Sorry Mike I'm not trying to be a smartass but without inspecting your motor its impossible to say how long the old CVJ will soldier on for. Is the gaitor torn? if so deterioration will be rapid,is it the inner or outer CVJ? wear in the inner joint will set up heat and vibration in the gearbox sunwheel, never a good thing mate. In short I would get it sorted sooner rather than later because although catastrophic failure of the joint is unlikely the vibration and heat transmitted by the fault may lead to subsiduary probs, driveshaft distortion etc. Good luck. Oily.