View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4060014)   #172
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awegrzyn View Post
I have not been around for a while, but what has happened to sports car racing? They simply ran it into the ground.

In 2004 when it all went downhill, ALMS wanted to sue me for my comments. If they only listened to me back then. Sports car racing will never ever be what it used to be if you do not bring the cost down to like 5 million max. Back then we could run LMP1 program for 1 million. Racing for Holland was able to use fans and few sponsors to show up at Le Mans with a car.

They killed the entire romantism of sports car racing. Spec cars, hyper cars, hyper LH cars, whatever that is. 10 different classes. PRO/AM drivers. US vs Europe. Green racing. Hybrid spec systems. Corporations/Manufacturers. Shark fins. What have you done people? Everything divided and watered down to nothing.
Err....100% disagree with. Funny thing is that my biggest complaint about sportscar racing today was not even mentioned here, which is how some of the series's approaches to safety car periods are. Especially IMSA and SRO. But this comment is silly.