Thread: Motorsport Quiz
View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4169555)   #608
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
CRM, you have thrown me here, I had never seen him named as 2The Raging Cherokee" before, being born in New York I had not considered him as a Cherokee.

It was not who I was thinking of but I will be doing some research here, I had seen the person I am looking for as "The Only" in the past and it was in an article that told m he also appeared in a few episode of CHIPS the TV programme with his Thrill Circus.
Slight misquote on my part:

<> promoted himself as a full-blooded American Indian. He was referred to as the "Charging Cherokee" and everybody called him "The Chief."

<> laughs about it to this day. While his grandfather was dark skinned and had Indian features, there is no Indian blood in the <> family.

"Back in the day, it was all about promotion," <> said. "He was raised in the Oklahoma-Texas region and he was real tan. Part of his shtick was that he was a full-blooded, Native American."