View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2002, 13:21 (Ref:394911)   #7
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, not sure I agree on Toyota, DNQ. They tested all last season in order (I thought) to be competitive this season. Now to say that this was actually another pantomine season for them is a bit of a stretch.

Toyota have not impressed me historically in open wheel. Their CART effort with Gurney was fairly dismal (but spectacular - lots of smoke and flames and engine parts in the air) and after dumping the Gross National Product of Belize on this effort only to have Minardi out-qualify them! Something is wrong somewhere. Jaguar has figured out a way to improve so you would think Toyota could as well.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.