View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2801690)   #25
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
they have an evening break programmed, this year we got 20 minutes stand down all day, I took thr initative to split the team and stand half down and rotate to esure all got a decent break. Surely this is down to the Post chiefs to arrange as it is there responsibility to look after the team and ensure their welfare is catered for.

Over the weekend I lost 3 marshals to heat and the team had 2 huge incidents to deal with which they did expertly and with out complaint, not bad for 50% trainee.

I will be there again this year, hopefully the off track entertainments will be timed better to ensure those marshals with families can enjoy the concerts etc with their family.

I dont volunteer for this meeting for the club organising it, I volunteer for the sights and sounds of the classic cars I was unlucky enough not to see in their heyday. I used to love the Le Mans when the Group C were the car of choice, now this is the only chance I get to see them in the flesh. The historic Formula 1 and grand prix cars again I can only get to see them at the classic.

Ok so the club might not apreciate what we do enough, they might extract the urine with the long days and no breaks. They might also be money grabbing so and so's with the boring celeb race, but where else can you get the massive grids of classic cars that make you drool.

Not sure if the wife will get time off work but I will be there.
completely 100 percent agree, its one of the highlights of the year, and yes its down to the post cheifs to organise stand down, theres usually enough of us to rotate down time, maybe it should be said in briefing at the start of the day that if the situation of ost time occurs then post chiefs should rotate