View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2024, 11:18 (Ref:4202845)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
My gut instinct is to agree with your local garage. I've just checked and apparently AdBlue is made up of 67.5% (Deionised) water anyway, so the additional water shouldn't create any problems. Unfortunately I don't know what effect the screenwash additive will have on the system. The system uses a high pressure pump (generally at about 75 psi pressure) to feed to an injector which (under certain conditions) opens to spray AdBlue into the exhaust system and onto the diesel particulate filter. I don't think that the small quantities of alcohol in the additive (that is used to stop the screenwash from freezing) would cause any issues, despite the high temperatures in the exhaust end of the system, nor would I expect the low quantities of detergent to do any harm if it is so heavily diluted.
Draining & refilling the system afresh would be the safest bet I suppose, but you're then hit with the problem of disposing of the old liquid, as AdBlue is considered as hazardous and must be disposed of properly.