View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2002, 15:02 (Ref:238426)   #3
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cougar21, I wish for the same -- the consistency and professionalism of someone who does the same job all the time. However, I suspect that having a local TV network feed the world allows Bernievision, or whatever it's called, to preserve its monopoly on the really good stuff. If the FIA got into giving the general network feed too, this might compromise the marketability of the special digital feed which one could get if one (a) had the cash and (b) lived somewhere it was available. Sigh. I swear, I'd contemplate finding the money if only the service were available to me.

On the other hand, I note that one discussant who does have the Bernie feed missed stuff because he got fixated on Montoya's driving; I think that would be a common hazard -- it's hard to be one's own director, making shot selections without any overall view on which to make decisions about salience...

There's no complete answer, I suppose -- but in this case, quite a lot was missed unnecessarily. In Brazil they have a more robust motor racing tradition, so I dare say the direction wil be better; and it will, I hope, be more colourful, without that leached-out, sepia look!