View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2023, 10:03 (Ref:4153290)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It still seems like any accident over a certain size triggers a SC. Any barrier repairs also seems to do (due to repair vehicles being on track).

I think in mixed conditions we could be looking at circa 4 of them.

The cynic in me and my concern about all this is that, while before throwing a SC was a bit arbitrary in terms of its impact, under the new rules it's essentially an entertainment lever. So if there's a decision to be made (SC vs FCY) I think there's inherent pressure to dial up the show. We see it in F1 almost every race now.