View Single Post
Old 21 May 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4157250)   #73
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Martin View Post
I agree with the majority here I'm not a fan of these new rules. It quite worrying the direction Le mans is going as a purist racing fan. It's all seems getting to be about making TV entertainment rather than a sport. Just look how they ruined qualifying with the silly hyper pole nonsense.

Motorsport seems to be the only sport where it seems totally acceptable to take away someones hard earned lead through no fault of their own. It just doesn't happen in any other sport. We have the technology now where we shouldn't need safety cars. They should be becoming a thing of the past. I dread if le mans becomes like IMSA finding any excuse to throw a safety car to create an artificially close finish. Sport over entertainment.
What technology do you think makes safety cars irrelevant? And Code 60 ain't the answer, see everytime teams have to slam on the brakes at the end of a sector in F1 cause heaven forbid they actually follow speeds limits and the speeding in pit lane penalties in racing. You expect teams won't and don't cheat that? Never mind the need for equipment or people on the track, but yeah let's trust those who celebrate "massaging" the rules to follow the spirit and not speed