View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3464457)   #312
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Cheers for everyone's help with this, much appreciated. As for the first time ever I can go and with what the entry list for next year looks to be like, this there a way I can't go!

Also, I can go early in the week and as I'm not if I could in the coming years then an early arrival is the plan and for me I associate camping with Le Mans so I would be camping.

The biggest hurdle is the travel to Le Mans as the earliest coaches I've found leave on the Thursday morning and I don't know how difficult it will be carrying all my stuff including a tent on train.

Probably will be leaving from close to Northampton so train link to London is good.
Again thanks for everyone's help so far, you've made me realise that this trip is possible!!
If you're disciplined about packing taking camping gear on the train is utterly straightforward. The only recommendation is I might investigate changing trains at Lille (where it's just a case of a short walk from the international station to the domestic one) rather than Paris where you'd have to get involved on the metro, where having all your kit might be a pain. By the same token, making your connection in London from Euston to St Pancras is probably easier walking along Euston Road than mucking about with underground.