View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3464587)   #316
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Hello. I visited Le Mans three times, travelling on foot each time.

I flew into Paris CDG, and took the TGV from the airport itself straight to Le Mans. Took about two hours, cost a little over £50 each way (I think... was a couple of years ago now). From the Le Mans train station you can take the electric tram to the circuit and the campsites. I suspect this will be much easier and faster than taking trains all the way from England, but will be more expensive.

I took a carry on backpack (a large one, "backpacker" style) which had my clothes, camera etc. I checked my tent in as hold luggage, and stuffed quite a lot of stuff in there with the tent - roll mat, sleeping bag etc. Dragging all that was a pain in the backside!

Awesome experience though, one of the best races in the world!
Don't underestimate how quick the Eurostar is. I'd back it every time door to door going to either Brussels or Paris. The usually very reliable Die Bahn timetable reckons you can do Northampton to Le Mans in under 6 hours.