View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3981328)   #185
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If these teams are having issues in securing pay drivers 3 months before the race, as well as not having not yet solved who's running the actual cars, then I think numerous pro-am teams are still to fall by the wayside in summer months
Hopefully, this opens a discussion if we even need an Am class in the first place.

Personally, I'd much rather see it return to being the same class, and to have a Touring-car style "Independents' Trophy", which can still have its own podium at the end of the race, but nevertheless isn't actually its own class.

I'd even get rid of the driver rankings in P2. I think to make it a 'junior' class, each team should run one U23 driver or a paying amateur (no ranking), perhaps also competing for the Independents' Trophy.