View Single Post
Old 9 May 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1909638)   #74
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is fair to say that Porsche is doing a lot of good in the P2 class making a top level chassis available!! I would assume that they will then carry this through into the top P1 class ?

I would think that the ACO IS worried about the pace of the diesels and an adjustment will take place at the end of the year to limit power, the problem they have is how to limit the torque? (Capacity decrease?)

Does the fact that they got the rules slightly wrong discredit them in any way? Frankly NO - having Pug or Audi winning probably does more for the sport in the mainstream than it would if a Pescarolo, Zytek etc... won!!! After all who are they in the greater scheme of things ? And before anyone complains i happen to support Zytek.......

At the end of the day the amount of performance that audi and Pug have managed to extract from the rules is somewhat of a surprise - they fact that they are winning is not. A works team should ALWAYS beat the privateers, if they don't then they frankly are not doing a very good job IMO!!!