View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2022, 15:51 (Ref:4132630)   #3230
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
So would altering the salary cap. Isn't the test to obtain the best overall performance within a set of constraints. Managing the team's performance effectively for 20+ races being one of those constraints.
great point...as a supporter of the budget cap i do like that the teams have to work under a more uniform set of constraints and for sure this is a major aspect of the competition.

things like less money meant less staff so presumably when making those staffing choices, teams chose to hold on to the best and let go of the rest.

so i have no issue with constraints when they lead to efficiency but would more races with an increase of money and a need for increasing staff/crew sizes be more efficient?

again im just speaking in the hypothetical...its very well possible that under the cap, economies of scale etc, peak performance requires 24+ races, more money, and more staff...personally i dont think so but it could be the case?

i guess whether we like it or not, we are going to find out next season.