View Single Post
Old 21 May 2023, 20:43 (Ref:4157290)   #3250
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
He also mentions "Virginia". Given his experience in online racing, I broadly assume this has to be VIR as I think it is well represented in online racing games (such as iRacing). While VIR is my "home track" and just a bit of an hour drive away and I would love to have a race near me, it also would be ruined by the requirements imposed by F1. VIR is also pretty much in the middle of nowhere with effectively no lodging, etc. Laguna Seca might be the closest to reality due to it's proximity to infrastructure.

If we are talking hypothetical "pure on track racing", all three tracks are fabulous or even straight up iconic (such as Laguna Seca). Laguna Seca is a bit on the short side.

Richard

I used to live in Carmel, which is not far away from Laguna Seca and the local infrastructure and the Monterey Peninsula could accommodate F1. Currently IndyCar and IMSA have rounds there. It's the expense for the requirements imposed by F1 that couldn't be justified.