View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1121849)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by bodyrepairs
I'm new to racing and am just planing the build of my first car. I looked at all the diffrent makes of cage, seat etc, and really to use all fia approved it's going to cost me £200 more than using non approved.
How much will a fractured spine cost you?

Might sound like a rather blunt statement, but it's a simple fact. The introduction of safety equipment in motorsport and the enforcement of these standards over the past 20 years has drastically reduced the level of driver injury and created a situation where accidents that would have killed or maimed someone even 10 years ago are now not only survivable, but drivers can sometimes even walk away.

Basically what it comes down to is what is your life and your health worth to you?