View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4139037)   #52
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
This is all very interesting . I can remember lots of customer and suppliers phone numbers . Only when I get to work . Mind is blank when I am at home .
I can sort of relate to that as context, location, etc., can be significant to the way the thing we call a brain makes connections, including to memory of all kinds. The so-called "muscle memory" for example.

The work/home divide is something I too have observed, although not necessarily purely through geographic location. Rather its a context thing of work or not-work.

Of course, if one has geolocation functionality turned on, mobile devices will also be context-sensitive in a similar way.

Obviously what we need is a programmable chip implant that we can instruct the brain to use memory searches in the context of location, current activity or previously used responses. Searches like - "remind me of the passcodes I have used for a money card in the past 2 years" for example.

I expect Google already knows the answers ...