View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4096969)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It would be possible to do the pass arounds for class separation without crediting cars with laps back, wouldn’t it? At least then it would mean something to have gained or lost laps during green running.
Interestingly you could then get someone who has completed more physical distance than the car ahead in the results at the end. From a purity perspective i think some might not like.

Makes me think of Le Mans 1966.

What about those that lost a lap due to where the safety car came out, do we let them back round? Or those that lost out because of when their pit stop fell relative to the incident? Doesn’t help that.

It also doesn’t reduce the amount of time under yellow.

But it means people don’t gain a lap back on the scoring. Is that the only change? I need joeb’s matchbox cars!

It would mean you could wave round and get the classes back together. This could be a safety thing. So that fast and slow cars aren’t mixed together for the restart?

If the aim is to just not let people get a lap back maybe it is simpler to just not have a wave round?

For this years Daytona 24 I don’t recall getting a lap back as being significant to the result. Although it has been in previous years.