View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2022, 07:49 (Ref:4116020)   #254
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I recently was given Jackie Stewart's autobiography 'Winning is not enough' which belonged to my Uncle. I had read good reviews of the book when it came, plus read extracts that were printed in Autosport and F1 Racing, so I looked forward to reading this book and I wasn't disappointed

I always have had a lot of respect for JYS and this book confirms that respect wasn't misplaced. Considering everything he's gone through in his life, it's amazing what he has achieved and he's done it with dignity too. Once I started this book, I just wanted to keep reading more and finished it coincidentally on Saturday, the same day as his 83rd birthday. The only problem, as he acknowledges, was there wasn't room for more. Also it came with a DVD about the various chapters in the book

I've had a busy year so far with quite a few books about people's life that I got for birthday/xmas. I have mentioned Murray Walker's and Adrian Newey's book. I also had David Jason's book 'Del of a life' and Billy Connolly's autobiography to read. Now I have read them all, I have now finally gone back to reading the original James Bond novels by Ian Fleming I bought last year. Currently on Goldfinger