View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3999129)   #194
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm sitting here watching tonight's IndyCar race and wondered if he'd have a shot at that, but... he's young and therefore his career path so far is relatively short and (until this year) all with Ginetta. I think he'll have a solid career in GT racing myself, in a Pro/Am partnership.

I've been wrong before, mind you.
IndyCar would be good but I'd also say he's most likely to have a GT career. Maybe even in a Pro category. But somehow I'd like to see him making a Cammish-like switch to touring cars but a bit earlier.

When it comes to current BTCC standings, I'm far from claiming it a two-horse battle now. Still quite a number of rounds left, some not really favourable tracks and possibly conditions for Turks and Ash, so it could be way open.
Personally I wouldn't mind if it was all between these two but BTCC is surprising quite often. But still, for now, I'm not trying to make it all about RWD v FWD thing. Turkington and Sutton have had a great start to the season and they happen to drive RWD cars, end of the story.
Is Cammish or Tingram a bit back just because of having a FWD machinery? I don't think so. Especially Cammish seems a bit disappointing this season. Look at Butcher for example. He's in a FWD car and quite often he's faster than Cammish.