Thread: Official United States Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2023, 11:41 (Ref:4182603)   #35
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a merc fan I was happy to see Ham fighiting for the win - I do think they botched the strategy and also lost 2 seconds to Ver in the pits (start of last lap gap was under 2 seconds)
Not sure how this performance corelates with the updated floor of the merc or just the typical Ham performance at COTA and Red Bull getting the set up wrong with just one practice session

Oh well DQ is what it is - again with just one practice session and parc ferme conditions afterwards limited chance to review and update set up for race

I also enjoyed listening to Ver's radio transmission - the difference between his laid back jokey radio comments when he is blitzing the field compare to yesterday sounding flustered and annoyed and even angry - shows how little he was pushing /trying when he is dominating. Also enjoyed hearing him like that shows he is still pushing and trying hard even when there is nothing to gain for him at this point