View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2575974)   #51
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
My own opinion is evidence enough.

Sportscar racing isn't splashed across the mainstream press, the sport relies on enthusiasts to spread the word, if a program ticks the right boxes it will reach a wider audience through Youtube, videogames etc.

There's too many forms of entertainment out there to settle for second best.

Nissan are trying to pass off a second rate, cut and shut, 'GTR' that bears no resemblance to the real deal, while bypassing the GT competition in GT2.

Nissan have a simple choice, take on the GT2 manufacturers, or spend the big bucks in P1/GT500 (if they wished to bring that over here).

Don't insult a tech savy Gran Turismo/Forza audience, and potential future customers, with second rate machines that suit the marketing execs rather than the engineers and enthusiasts.

FIA GT1, Grand Am, IRL, A1GP etc., there's a reason why no one gives a ****, the potential audience are more clued up than those shovelling this crap.

Not that I'm a big fan personally, but the reason Drifting and tuning is gaining an audience at the expense of traditional motorsport is because of the technical freedom and 'cars the star' philosophy, in other words what motorsport used to be about.
So I take it your objection is the differences in engines then? If Nissan did a Homologation special with a 5.5 V8 for the road, would all be good then? (As others such as Porsche do)