View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4165647)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
So it was undeniably busier this year, felt particularly in the village, where queues to get into merchandise shops were extraordinary. I was also struck overnight that the inside of Tertre Rouge was markedly crowded.
However - it was all very good natured, the marshalling of grandstands was the best I've seen - lost a small bet with myself that I'd have to evict someone from my seat in Dunlop - contrast to previous years the stand was full, but not overfull.
I was also struck that traffic flows and in and out of the track worked well. Managed to do a Carrefour run on Saturday morning with no drama, and getting away on Sunday evening was entirely seamless - well away from the track by 1700 and in hotel by about 1730.