View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3681575)   #17
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...e-fia-wec.html

The DSC interview is great, but Marks answers were very..depressing, tbh. Highly dismissive of the prospect of entering the Bathurst 1000, saying the cars would be a disappointment. The only thing he was positive over was single seaters and that he has no real interest beyond those. The fact he isn't even bothered that he never won Le Mans says a lot. No desire to run Bathurst, and questioning why he'd want to do Pikes Peak? I can't understand why someone wouldn't want to run these events - they are such massive parts of motorsport that I think we'd all love a chance to have a go.

Seems like his heart was always in F1, and nothing else. He didn't stick about in F1 because he recognised that his career path was going to end up being the Coulthard route of a slow move downwards, so he went elsewhere and wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it.

To be brutally honest, if he's not really THAT into it, then I'm glad he's decided to call it quits, rather than continue on to collect cash. That way someone who really does want to win Le Mans can get the seat.