Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3844291)   #23
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I know Bathurst is really popular but in terms of eyes-on, Brazil's population far outweighs Australia's. All of Australia has ~24 million people. Sao Paulo alone has half that with 12 million, just in the area near Interlagos, and the race takes place during a festival period. You can't be serious in thinking that race must be avoided at all costs by the WEC. It'd be nice but there's only so many weekends in the year. According to DSC there's wiggle room for a date change for Bathurst too. All is not lost. Silverstone dropping to 4 hours is a head-scratcher, but the reasons listed were the attendees and teams trying to leave the circuit. Not sure how true that is. Bahrain I could do without 8hrs of, but they seemingly pay the WEC so if more money comes from them I guess it's worth it since it helps float the series?