Thread: BTCC Brands Hatch Rd4/5/6
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3994517)   #228
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Could you? Butcher originally set his fastest time on lap 3 which was disallowed for track limits, but his next lap secured pole. They never showed much of Butchers laps, but he completed just 6 more laps after getting pole. Sutton completed 12 more laps after setting his fastest and they did show them online and they weren't tidy at all, I was watching his lap times on TSL as they showed it, those subsequent times would have been back of the grid stuff.
Yes - Butcher's best time was set on his first flying (legitimate) lap, so everything else through the session was slower. His 2nd and 3rd best times would have been back of the grid stuff. Sutton's times as the session progressed were closer to his best than Butcher's were to his.

I'm not saying Sutton didn't get slower in his later laps - just that he is not the only one who had the same drop in performance.

It's also shortsighted to focus on the amount of laps completed - the RWD cars tend to complete a second lap after their pit-out to bring the tyres up to temp, whereas the FWD cars get theirs up on the first time round.