View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4038673)   #354
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Definitely the right decision in the circumstances.

Presumably this is in consultation with the French government and is based on their plan for potential dates restriction will be lifted.

Spot on Mal!

The continuing problem is that the Goverment here issued a plan last autummn, with dates for easing restrictions on a gradual basis, subject to new Covid-19 cases not exceeding 5000 per day for the planned easing to start on December 15 2020 with theatres, cinemas and Museums reopening. The target of a reduction to 5000 new cases was never met. Yesterday new cases stood at 26788, with a rolling 7 day average of 21272. So well over 5 times the government's 5000 startpoint for the opening of theatres etc, with cafés, bars and restaurants and sports halls another 5 weeks later as long as the 5000 new case ceiling was maintained.
So far only about 3.1 million people have had their first vaccination and around 1.7 million, their second jab.

Those new cases need to reduce by a long way before any crowd, even not exceeding 5000, would be authorised at a sporting event. The ACO now has about 8 weeks to announce a new plan for the event on 21/22 August.

Personally, I won't go to LM for anything resembling the Village concept. I want to take the caravan and park as ever on Houx, have two seats reserved at Tribune 17, meet all my old friends in various places (think of missing Pascal's Saturday meeting!) and so on.

Let's see what the club offers us at the end of April, be optimistic and hope it's worth buying.