View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3923578)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They said on the radio that the fence was repaired properly but I never saw a picture of that. If I were the facility manager, after the lessons learned and embarrassment from last year, I would have had at least four 10x100ft rolls of chain link, cordless drills/rebar tying tools, and an ITC front loader ready to go. "It will never happen two years in a row." Don't be this guy because it always happens two years in a row.

Regarding the Rossi/RHR/Sato crash, after seeing most of the relays, I am unable to point the finger at any of them. I also can't blame Sato for going high either. I mean, the green flag is out and give him 6" more room and everyone is talking about a great pass instead.
Robin Miller did say that picture was before Indy officials stepped in and said no way and multiple drivers were in the radio saying they weren't getting back in the cars with that repair.

It does feel like Pocono has just been passed by and promoters only see the (I think fake stat) 1/3 if the US population lives within what they think is decent driving and marketing reach from Pocono. The guy who runs the old racing driver bar in town didn't even know the race was this weekend so I don't think they marketed it much at all. Unlike the claims the track has made. But it does seem like they are struggling as a track and looking to lose another race next season, possibly two if Indy doesn't come back. It looks like they only have a few big events, Indy, Nascar x2 and the air show and they likely are down 50% for 2020. But they have a great solar plan and 3 megawatt array on the back side of the course.