Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4048324)   #396
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
All I can say is that either the ACO screwed up or Toyota and Alpine seriously have some cards they're not showing. Same thing always happens when BOP gets thrown in to the mix. I do believe that Graham is right in that Toyota especially are trying to game the system. To what extent or why is unclear.

But I should've known that when BOP was declared by the ACO to be part of LMH, we should've seen it coming. BOP is a double edged sword. It stifles development because there's not much incentive in doing so (especially as the ACO also declared once a car's homologated outside of joker updates no major changes can be made for 5 seasons), and teams will try and game the system for their benefit.

Of course, open rules aren't much better, as that'll for sure create haves and have nots. But at least it can be argued then that's the natural order.

Nevertheless, for me as a fan, it's frustrating to see teams playing games instead of possibly running to their full potential. Maybe LMH has issues, but it's up to the ACO to make LMHs quicker, not hamper the LMP2s further than they are already.