View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2489947)   #93
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Russia has the motorsport fan base to be honest, commies are always up for a bit of a major engineering project, but I never heard of any plans for Lada to enter F1.

China sounded good on paper, but motor racing takes place on tarmac. They get little attendance - and that's after they have bussed in members of the party and the army in. Then again, they had that for the Olympics. No point building massive facilities when few people want to go to it.

However, the USA and those other European countries do have realistic chances of selling out races. France maybe would need a new venue, as Magny is in the middle of nowhere. Even so I wouldn't be surprised if Magny's SF round this weekend gets more French spectators than the Chinese GP got Chinese spectators, and about the same number of Russian spectators a Russian GP would get.