Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3852772)   #64
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Speaking as someone whose arse is dangled in front of racing cars on a live track from time to time when silly things happen, all the rules in the world for FCY/VSC/SC could be got rid of if the rules for yellow flags were (a) observed and (b) enforced.

Across the world the rules for yellows are basically "danger, hazard or marshals on track, slow down and be prepared to stop" - not "lift off and do the sector 0.1s slower with one finger in the air". It's totally endemic in all forms of championship competition, and in some club/trophy competitions too.

At Donington in one of the F3 races at the weekend, one driver vaulted the kerbs at the Esses under double yellow flags (having passed a single already) while there was a telehandler in the gravel and a marshal hooking a stricken car. That wasn't a nice moment.

If drivers at the top would deal with yellows properly there would be almost no need for full-course alternatives.
Thanks for the different perspective on what needs to be addressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I think most agree with that, but I don't see how mentioning that here helps. Drivers will not observe yellow flags like you want them to. They just won't. F1 has already accepted that.
This is the fix F1 thread! This is about what to be done "if you are in charge". I expect if penalties are handed out for this then it will have an impact on driver behavior.

Richard