View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2901125)   #14
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Honda will be back, wherever Toyota go, they follow (and vice versa). Nissan are rumoured to be getting involved as well.
I don't know about Honda coming to LMP1 as a factory team. They could do it very easily, but I just don't get the sense that the people in Japan are super thrilled about it. Honda did not really follow Nissan and Toyota with their previous Le Mans efforts (aside from the GTs from the mid-90s I guess) and they clearly have not followed Toyota into NASCAR and such. But, hey, they have few start up barriers if they did want in.

What I am wondering is when/if we will see Toyota providing engines (or more) for LMP2. Honda/HPD and Nissan/Nismo are already in there and having success. They may even make money off their LMP2 projects. It looks probable that Mazda will jump in next year as well. Of course, perhaps Toyota is questioning whether LMP2 will become a customer arms race of sorts with Judd/BMW and Ford/Roush & Mountune already in and Ferrari on the cusp of entering it seems.