View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2023, 08:18 (Ref:4149752)   #41
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
Furthermore, they say 20 minutes of racing are lost to put the procedure fully in place. This doesn't make any sense to stop the race 20 more minutes after an incident leading itself in a lengthy race stoppage.
If we were to hit the average amount of SCs from the last four years (4) then that's approx 1h20 of racing time completely lost due to additional procedures. As from my understanding they won't start the procedure until the incident is cleared - ie when we'd normally be going back to green racing.

Over such a long lap hopefully they'll find ways to safely make time savings - but like G4J points out, is it wise to introduce this new risky amendment for your biggest race?

On the last hour point - I guess it's an admission they know it's going to take a while and it creates more flexibility in the final hour and less chance of an ugly safety car finish? I agree though it is messy and having that final hour rule in place essentially shows the ACO are aware of what a big impact this can have on the race.