View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2019932)   #376
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I'm just trying to support the Ladies and Gents who worked long hours over the weekend (ok, so they're paid to - but even so), they're not here to defend themselves.
Very admirable, but in connection with my point of view, which you must agree has been supported by others on this forum, and indirectly by the spectators who queued, you are defending the indefensible.

The staff chose to do the work (I don't care if they do work long hours) and if they get it wrong I and others have a right to express some criticism. You know better than me and weren't inconvenienced. If or when I go again to Silverstone I shall make a point of checking in advance.

OK, so you believe we should have been aware that the Walk was a corporate or whatever event. Fine, but an events organiser with some common sense and experience would have been proactive in putting up a sign or two near the entrance saying "don't queue etc. etc." to avoid what happened - and I dare you to say that no one could have foreseen......... because that would be quite.......

I trust my comments are seen as fair in an attempt to wind up this matter?

Turning to the subject of where to hold the next LMS race, and regardless of the issues with pits and narrow track space, I sincerely hope it goes back to Donnington. It is further away from my home, but as a venue for the spectator with its wonderful views from inside the track it is much more enjoyable place to see a race. Silverstone is still an old airfield to me!