View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1639252)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!

It is difficult to believe but I ALSO thought about it last week

I like the current system, but I was pondering alternatives. I have used a podium system for another game about F1.

I would put a poll with three choices FOR THIS SEASON'S AUTUMN CUP (I let the poll thread opening to Hazza or another mod). For changes for next season we have time to make decisions in another poll.

1) Go on with current system.
2) Drop the current system and change to podium system
3) Make two different games: current and podium system

Of course, independently of all this, always there is the possibility for another new game with whatever rules the organizer wants to propose, but this is an issue not directly related with Autumn Cup. A priori more games could imply more fun

I could host poll choices (1) or (2). For choice (3) I would need help to host the two games.

An advantage of having two cups in one season is we can do fast decisions without wait to next season.

===========================
The podium system I could host would be as follows:

You guess the three first position in race. For instance: Lorenzo, Dovi, Poggiali.
If Lorenzo wins, you get 3 points
If Lorenzo gets 2nd, you get 2 points.
If Lorenzo gets 3rd, you get 1 point.
If Dovi wins or gets 2nd, you get 2 points.
If Dovi gets 3rd, you get 1 point.
If Poggiali gets 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you gets 1 point.
Maximum score is 6 points in case you guess the podium exactly.
===========================