View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3724053)   #22
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The torque sensor is only to monitor reality. It does nothing by itself to limit performance. So they should (in conjunction with other data) document the entire performance envelope of the engine.

I feel I am coming across too negative about all of this. I think the more scientific approach is right and even if they are not measuring the right things now, maybe they will in the future. It's hard to solve all problems at the same time.

Richard
And yes, if there's going to be BOP, a series should use all data it can get to reach their conclusions. The more data to consider, the more complete the picture, hopefully the more accurate the results.

However, if you want to see negativity, read my posts in the "Getting Tired of Racing" thread. Granted, back in some of those days I yearn for, BOP wasn't no where near as big a deal as it is now. Sadly, a combination of things drive modern BOP, including costs, teams wanting results fast, limiting speeds between classes, etc.