View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3922474)   #79
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hopefully this does not ruin both of their careers, particularly that of Albon. Not that Gasly's performance to date this year (with rare exceptions) warranted the promotion he got..... one that was arguably forced on Red Bull by Danny Ric's unexpected and late departure decision.

Being Max's team mate with half a season's F1 experience is a big ask on Albon...
RBR is just throwing drivers at a wall and seeing which ones stick. I think the problem is that young drivers are so hungry to get to the top of the F1 pyramid that they will gladly step into the mouth of the Red Bull lion. Then it's sink or swim.

If I was any driver that was promoted first to Toro Rosso, it clearly has to be on their mind that they might be called up to RBR at any time and that they might fail in a way that they might later decided was not particularly fair (not saying F1 is fair as it is dog eat dog)... or succeed and make their career (such as Max has).

Max Verstappen. The Belgian F1 trendsetter and future world champion!

Richard

PS: I am a bit over the top with respect to my idiom usage today! I didn't plan it that way.